Tibet Travel Information:
Tibet travel information is provide details information of the Tibet entry permit and about visa.There are two kinds of permits for traveling in Tibet:
• Entry permit (TTB permit)
• Alien’s travel permit (PSB permit).
TTB Permit – Tibet Entry Permit (Tibet visa)
When you fly from any city to Lhasa you will need to show this permit when you check in at the airport. Furthermore, whenever you buy a flight to Lhasa you need to show this permit. TTB permits are also needed by groups traveling by Land Cruiser. We will arrange permits of travelers travelling to Tibet.
PSB Permit – Alien’s Travel Permit
If you want to go further to the “unopened” areas, you need an Alien’s travel permit issued by PSB of Tibet. It is called “Alien’s Travel Permit” or “PSB permit”.
To process your Tibet Travel permit (Tibet Visa)
Because we are a local travel agency, it’s quite easy for you to get a travel permit with our help. Simply send us your passport detail or a copy of your passport and please mention your Occupation.
1) full name; Exactly on your passport
3) date of birth;
4) passport number;
You need to apply for the travel permit at least 10 days prior to your entry date.
“Lhasa PSB will not issue travel permits to individuals and will direct you to a travel agency. Agencies can arrange a travel permit to almost anywhere but only if you book a Land Cruiser, driver and a guide.”
Important Issues about Tibet Travel Permit:
1. All kinds of people can get Tibet permit through a travel agency except diplomats, journalists, and government officials who should travel to Tibet under the arrangement by the Foreign Affairs Office of Tibet Government.
2. After having a permit, a travel agency could buy you the air tickets, and you can pass the check-in at the airport and the check point reroute with the permit.
3. Only the guide could hold the permit after you establish yourself on Tibet land. You are not allowed to bring with it and travel to anywhere you want because except Lhasa you need another permit named as “Aliens’ Permit”. Otherwise if you are stopped by the police you will be sent out of Tibet or have trouble politically and economically. Furthermore, the travel agency which helped to get you the permit will also be in trouble.
Therefore seriously not any legitimate travel agency could sell you the Tibet permit if you do not book a tour with them. We don’t think you would like to be in trouble due to a “sold” Tibet permit after you pay a lot of money for the tour.
4. There is a service charge (by the government) to get the Tibet permit. And it takes time, paper work, transportation fee and delivery fee for us to get a permit for you, so we will charge an extra fee for the permits.
Visa If you entering Tibet from China
Regarding visa if you are going to enter Tibet from China then you could obtain China single entry tourist visa in your home country and apply for entry permit with our help taking your travel package to Tibet.
Visa if you entering from Nepal:
As per Chinese visa regulation, if you are going to enter Tibet from Nepal, then we advice you not to obtain Chinese visa in your home country, which will be canceled and a new group visa will be issued. Group visa will be paper not in passport, you will have stamp while you enter Tibet at the border.
Note: There is no guarantee that the rule is same as instructed here because Chinese authority they make changes in rule without any prior notice so that we request you to contact us for permit and visa latest news.