Pikey Peak (4,065 m) is one of the tallest hills of Solu. From Pikey you can see most of the central and eastern Himalayan peaks Sagarmatha (Mt. Everest), Makalu, Kanchenjunga, Annapurna, Gauri Shanker, Lhotse, Numbur, Khatang, Karyalung, Shishapangma, Mera Peak, Thamserku, Lhotseshar, Nuptse and a little of Ama Dablam. The peak also offers breathtaking sunrise and sunset views during good weather. The trail passes through some of the most beautiful settlements of the region. A trail through Jiri-Chaulakharka-Ngaur- leads to the Pikey Danda area. The trail starts at Phaplu and passes through Kerung, Pattale, Jhapre, Pikey peak, Lamajura, Junbesi and ends at Salleri.
The name Pikey is derived from the name of a Sherpa clan deity. During the month of July the locals hold celebrations to worship their clan god, the eastern Chyabo Pikey, as Pikey Hlapchen Karbu. There are other interesting possibilities of undertaking tourism activities at Pikey such as paragliding, mountain biking, birdwatching, pilgrimage and meditation. From here the trail descends through dense forest finally meeting the Everest trail at Beni. July is a good time to take a trip to Pikey, as this is when the local people hold their celebrations of the clan god, the eastern Chyabo Pikey. From Pikey one can also continue on to the Dudhkunda trail. Rumjatar and Jiri are other alternative entries to Pikey Cultural Trail.
As mentioned above, after reaching Pikey one also has the option of taking the Dudhkunda Cultural Trail via Taksindu. The trail passes through Junbesi, Phaplu, Taksindu, Beni, Dudhkunda, Taksindu and back to Salleri. This trek goes through beautiful settlements and landscapes. One of the most beautiful Sherpa villages, Junbesi, is on the way from Pikey to Dudhkunda. One can also visit the famous Thuptenchholing monastery on the way.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1350) and then transfer to the hotel.
Day 02: Full Day Guided Sightseeing Tour in Kathmandu Valley by private van.
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Dhap Bazzar (2850m), 7 hours by private 4W land cruiser
Day 04: Trek from Dhap Bazzar to Jhapre (2815m), 4 hours
Day 05: Trek from Jhapre to Pikey Base Camp (3585m), 5 hours
Day 06: Trek from Pikey Base Camp to Junbesi (2680m), 6 hours via Pikey Peak (4065m)
Day 07: Exploration trip to Thupten Chholing Gompa (2920m), 4 hours
Day 08: Trek from Junbesi to Phaplu (2380m), 4 hours
Day 09: Fly from Phaplu to Kathmandu which takes about 35 minutes
Day 10: Buffer day due to flight cancellation or flight delay Or you can continue to sightseeing in Bhaktapur Durbar Square and Patan with our tour guide by private vehicle, overnight in Hotel.
Day 11: Final Departure from Kathmandu
Your trip will come to an end today after breakfast. Your leader will be on hand to advise and assist with your onward travel arrangements and transfer to Kathmandu Tribhuvan International Airport by private vehicle around 3 hours before your flight schedule and flight back to your home/other travel destination.
Region: Lower Solu Region
Types of Trip: Trekking and hiking
Duration: 11 Days
Highest Elevation: 4065m
Mode of Trip: Lodge or Tea-house
Average Walking: 5-6 hours in a day
Trip Start/End: Kathmandu
Meal: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Accommodation: 3 Star Hotel in Kathmandu and normal tea-houses/lodges during the trek
Best Season: Autumn (Sep-Oct-Nov) and Spring (March-April-May)
Transportation by: Domestic Flight and Private Vehicle
Culture Experience: Majority of Sherpa and their culture
Major Himalayan Sights: Number 6959m, Khatang 6853m, Karyolung 6511m and Everest range
* Airport /Hotel/Airport pick up & transfer by car/Van.
* Domestic flight ticket Phaplu/KTM and domestic airport tax
* 4 nights’ accommodation with breakfast at 3 star standard hotel in Kathmandu.
* Kathmandu city tour as per the above itinerary and all entrance fees.
* Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with Tea & coffee and hot/cold filter water during the trek.
* Home-Stay/Lodge accommodation during the trek.
* All transportation by private car/van.
* 1 experienced helpful and friendly guide, porters (1 porter for 2 persons), their food & accommodation, bus ticket, salary, equipments and insurance.
* Sagarmatha National Park Permit.
* All necessary permits.
* Office Service charge.
* Government taxes.
* Meals (Lunch and Dinner) in Kathmandu other than breakfast.
* Travel insurance.
* International air fare to and from Nepal.
* Nepal Tourist Visa fees.
* Items and expenses of personal nature.
* Any kind of alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, snacks, laundry, phone call, internet.
* Emergency Evacuation (Helicopter Rescue).
* Any costs which arise due to a change of the itinerary, because of landslides, domestic flight delays, political disturbance, and strikes etc.
* Any other costs whatsoever, that is not mentioned in the cost included.
* Horse renting and additional porters during the trek.
* Personal Trekking Equipments.
* Tips for guide, porters, driver...